CLICK ON RESOURCES BELOW
Resources for Promoting Social-Emotional Learning
Social emotional learning is a key component of child health, so integrate it into instruction and play.
Now, more than ever, social and emotional health for both children and adults is at the forefront. Social-emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions (CASEL).
The last several months have been emotionally and physically taxing on children, parents, and school staff alike. In order to move forward and navigate the next normal, family and school communities must work together to address challenges, support social-emotional health and build resilient environments.
Integrate social-emotional skill-building into learning and play.
Social-emotional learning happens all of the time and often through activities already in play. In order to best support the whole child, it’s important to recognize that every lesson or activity can serve as an opportunity to build relationships, self-awareness, and other social-emotional skills.
Resources for All
- SEL Resource Library for Families and Schools (CASEL)
- Social-Emotional Learning for Distance Learning and at Home (Aperture Education)
- Free Digital SEL Resources for Families and Schools (SEL Providers Council)
Resources for Families
- Digital Lessons for Families and Remote Learning (EVERFI)
- Social and Emotional Learning: Strategies for Parents (Edutopia)
- SEL Videos & Resources for Home [Free Access] (Move this World)
Resources for Educators and School Staff
- Trauma-Informed SEL Toolkit (Transforming Education)
- How to Incorporate Social Emotional Learning in a Virtual Setting (Xello)
- Strategies for Supporting SEL in Virtual Settings (Education Elements)
- Compassion, Character, Mental Wellness: Free Digital SEL Lessons for Teachers (EVERFI)
Find resources for developing safe and supportive learning environments and supporting adult SEL and self-care at the links below.