PTA is NOT Just About Fundraising!
Our PTA created an Advocacy chair in 2017 and we haven't looked back. One of the purposes of a PTA is to “secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children by being engaged in the process and remain a strong voice for every child. The strenth in PTA is our passion, numbers and the process we use to help the children of Hillsborough County and specifically MacFarlane Park Elementary School. We have a responsibility to our children to use the strengths we are given!
MacFarlane Park PTA is getting involved by staying up-to-date and well informed on proposed legislation that affects each and every one of our children.
MacFarlane Park Advocacy Chair:
- Attends town hall meetings.
- Research bills and ammendments that are being formed in Tallahassee and in Washington D.C.
- Knows the Florida PTA platform items
- Distribute legislative information to the PTA board and general membership.
- Initiate action when needed such as letter writing, telephone calls, faxing, and visits to your elected policymakers.
- Spearhead a drive to register voters.
- Focus community attention on an issues by providing an interesting and educational programs.
Email ptapresidentmp@gmail to be part of the change!
Want to find your electd officials? Click here: http://cqrcengage.com/npta2fl/?0
Want to know what the Florida PTA Action Plan is?
School Street Crossing Safety
Our school was on the news when a recent study highlighted the dangerous street that many of our students and parents cross to come to our school. Put your frustration into good use- help us win the $50,000 grant money to improve this area. (Contest link and news link below)