Parent Volunteers are always needed in our Media Center
Please contact Ms. Smith if you would like to help with any of the following:
- Book circulation during school hours
- Book Fairs
- Book Processing
- Specials events: Author Visits, Battle of the Books Kick-Off, BOB Fair, Battle of the Books Practice, Sunshine State Young Reader’s Award Lunch Time Book Talks, Voting Party for Sunshine State Readers, Dr. Seuss’ Birthday Celebration and End of the year luncheon with MBC Crews
RP (Renaissance Place) Book quizzes:
- Did you know you can track your student's progress to help meet their RP goals to hopefully attend the quarterly RP party? Simply login to the link below with your student's ID and password. Note tests can only be taken at school.
- Additionally, in the lower right corner after you login you will see the link to the AR Book Finder. You can use this to do an advanced search for books by level, topic, etc. The collections tab can also be helpful.
FREE Office 360 and other reseources
Did you know your student can download Office 360 for free? Did you know there are thousands of books available to read on MyOn and Axis 360? Find out the details on this and more using the following flyer and logging on HERE.
Online Resources for Parents and Students:
- Cybercat (library catalog): www.sdhc.k12.fl.us , click Library Resources, click Cybercat, select Macfarlane
- World Book: www.sdhc.k12.fl.us, click Library Resources, click On-line Databases, select World Book, login ID and password: students
- GALE Group: follow first 3 steps above, select GALE Group, select Macfarlane in the Elementary section, click Go
- Infotrack: password is student
- TCR Connections for Kids: www.kids.tcrconnections.net, password is macfarlane
- Sunlink: www.sunlink.ucf.edu