PTA frequently sends out surveys to get a sense of what our families want. We strive to be responsive to our families. If you ever see an item PTA might address, please bring it up to a member of the school administration or a PTA board member. But in the meantime, please be sure to answer our survey emails when they go out. They direct many of our efforts!
In school year 2015-16…
You asked for science enrichment…..
- Fun Family STEAM Night with MOSI Show
- Science kits and supplies in classrooms
- Added new After the Bell Clubs – Science Focus
You asked for more technology….
- Morning Show Equipment Upgrade Complete….Live Broadcasts coming soon.
- 5th grade has 3 new additional iPads to support “Exhibition” research and presentations
- Subscription to Brain Pop for all students – fun & short online videos that support standards based concepts
- Brand new mounted projectors in 17 classrooms
You asked us to support our specials teachers…
- Coach Roberts has a new blue tooth system to use during PE
- New color photo printer for Ms. Hirst to provide students with an additional medium for their creative expression
- 15 new drums for Ms. Tompkins to support world music curriculum
- Sponsored teacher trainings and conferences for Strings, Technology and Art
- Lunchroom has new water fill station
- Brand new remembrance fountain
- Cyber Safety 101 Parent Seminar
- Online ordering for uniforms and school supplies